NYCH3 #1440 – H.A.L.T.
Start: St. Marks Ale House (St. Marks and 3rd Avenue)
On-In: Grassroots Tavern (St. Marks between 2nd and 3rd Avenue)
Hares: Steve & Jimmy
Scribe: Finger F**ked
I have to hand it to the hares. After two years of identical H.A.L.T (Hashers Against Long Trails, for the uninitiated) trails, they managed to get their creative juices going, with a nice trail that amounted to a square about a mile and a quarter around, and not ending in TriBeCa.
There’s never too much to report on these trails, since its over before you know it (that’s what she said!). I opted to skip the eagle, which instructed the overachievers to jog in place for a few minutes, but did manage to blow right past the on-in and go back to the start, but more on that later.
Once I finally found the on-in, plentiful beer was to be had. Aside from shameless promotion of the RDR and Catholic School Girls, the circle was presented with the following offenses:
– Hares, for setting a sh*tty trail as always
– Mickey Mouth, for giving away her crap at the start
– David, for trying to recruit people to run more after the trail was done. It’s a H.A.L.T!
– Doggie Erectus for blowing by the on in to hang around the front of the start
– Basia, for not quite getting the eagle split
– Hot Rod, for becoming a year older and wiser
– AOTW was the hares. 5 checks in 1 mile?
The beer and pizza flowed (and oozed) on, but I had to get on-out before too long.