NYCH3 MARATHON WEEKEND 2005
Plenty of fun for the whole family to be had this marathon weekend (as long as the whole family is over 21 years of age).
Friday, November 4th, 7PM
Marathon Pub Crawl (not a r*n)
HARES: Wet Connection and Mean Jean the Down Down Machine
START: House of Brews, located on 51st Street between 8th and 9th Avenue
TRANSIT: 50TH Street Stop on C, E trains
A tour of the best of Hell’s Kitchen mean streets and drinking establishments. Usual pub crawl protocol will be followed: trail will be set in chalk and hotline (212 HASH NYC, press 3, press 3 again for ON IN location) will be set with each new bar as long as the hares’ dexterity holds out.
Saturday, November 5th
New Saturday Hash Added to Marathon Weekend!
Saturday, November 5th, 3PM
Marathon Training R*n Brought to You by the Dog’s Bollocks
START: Front Steps of the New York Public Library (41st Street and 5th Avenue)
TRANSIT: 42nd St.-Bryant Park: B/D/F/V/7 or Grand Central: 4/5/6/7/S
There will be both a Chicken and Eagle Trail. The Chicken Trail will be a suitably short warm-up (2 – 2 1/2 miles) for those who are running the 26.2 mile Eagle Trail on Sunday.
ATTENTION Overachieving 26-Mile-Running Bastards!
Sunday, November 6th
Marathon Beer Check
- We’ll be located in our usual spot, on Fifth Avenue just before you hit 96th Street, on your right hand side. This is just past mile 23 mark. Be prepared for your roadside down down!
- Send me firstname.lastname@example.org your proposed finish time so we can keep an eye out for you.
- Join us after your r*n at the Back Page (details below) where we shall bestow adulation and beer upon you!
- Good luck!
ATTENTION Underachieving Hours-and-Hours-of-Beer-Swilling Hashers
Sunday, November 6th, 10:00AM
HARES: Dr Steve and Speedy Gary
START: NW corner of 96th and Fifth Avenue
TRANSIT: 96th Street Stop on 6 Train
Note: HASH CASH $20
- Drink Check at 96th Street and First Avenue timed to see the women’s and men’s elite runners go by; then back to 96th and Fifth to watch the marathon. Bagels and refreshments provided roadside. (Info on volunteering to help, click here. You’ll be reimbursed for any expenditures.)
- Rules & Regs of the day: all BEVERAGES must be consumed in opaque plastic cups provided. Absolutely no open cans can be carried around our area; this should help keep the “man” off our backs. Clean up after yourselves by depositing all empties and other trash into the black garbage bags provided. Help keep NYCH3 beautiful and ticket-free! Four years straight with no trouble from police can be had by following these simple rules. Cockstar is in charge this year and you don’t want to get her ANGRY!
- ON ON IN: Back Page, Third Avenue between 83rd and 84th Streets, From approx 3PM onwards. More beer and food.
AND DON’T FORGET:
Monday, November 7th, 7:00 pm
Marathon Recovery R*n
Start: Grand Army Plaza in Manhattan
Transit: 5th Ave/59th St stop on the N,R,W trains
Hares: Wet Connection and Yank It
There will be an "extra chicken" trail for marathoners to unwind their weary legs and a regular trail for the rest of us to unwind our hangovers!