Brooklyn H3 #478
Monday September 14, 2009
Start: Graham & Metropolitan
Hare: Canine Fixation
…and we’re back to the regular Monday night Brooklyn hash. This time meeting at the corner of Graham & Metropolitan in Williamsburg. Small-ish crowd, mostly regulars, at least four virgins, and a noticeable absence of a few usual suspects. The Hare gave chalk-talk, including directions about a split in the trail, and we were off!
The trail led us around one large circle, through East Williamsburg, then Bushwick, turning north through Greenpoint, and then west towards the east river and views of Manhattan. The trail returned south through McCarren Park and then out onto Driggs Avenue and to the On-In.
The On-In was another fine Brooklyn beer bar and hash cash provided us a selection of microbrews. The bartender was happy to have our business and advised the pack to start with the IPA, which he considered a good choice right after a run. Hash cash lasted all night and a group of hashers hung around drinking their fill well past 11pm.
The down-downs went out accordingly
– To the hare, of course
– To the hare, again, for having too few checks on his 4.5 mile trail.
– To the virgins
– To the visitors
– A virgin was named "breast stroke"
– To Trader Blows and Drag Hag for being twinkle toes together
– To the visitor/virgin Liz for wearing a Tour de Brooklyn tshirt, yet clearly, never having attended one single leg of the wonderous TdB.
– two or so additional un-remembered down-downs
– and finally the short-lived "breast stroke" had her name removed again
Anything else? Not really.
Its Monday so I am off to change into my hashing clothes,