December 1, 2008/Run #436
Hares: Noah’s Dinghy and US Marine Whore
On In: Bar Ellis
I arrived at the
Shortly thereafter, Noah’s Dinghy gathered the pack around for the chalk talk. He pointed to his lawyer-ish attire, and said something about an easy, short trail. Looking back in hindsight, I’m frankly surprised that at this point he wasn’t struck down by a bolt of lightning, as we were soon to find out the trail was very much neither.
The trail started its way through DUMBO to the first check under the
Despite any trailish shortcomings, there were lots of tasty beer selections to be had at the bar, quickly cheering up the pack. Eventually there was a circle (more in a moment), and then tasty non-pizza like food was consumed: nachos, wings, and very very good chili.
Circle contained the following:
– Hares made to drink for outlandishly long trail
– A visitor from
– FMIG and Fast American Dave for falling on trail
– Eager4Beaver for whining
– Random abuse of power award given by Angry Brit DBB went to hares for among other reasons passing by the residence of a BH3 Old One
– Fluffy and Headlights for the former’s pawning off of trail duties to the latter, and Headlights again for a hat in circle
– Phil for a pre-hash warmup r*n
– Marios for missing an earlier hare-ing due to a drinking related hospital visit
– Colin had shiny new shoes from which he received a drink
– Colin also received a name…said hasher was wearing a rather revealing pair of running shorts, and will forever be known as Jock Full O’ Nuts (he completed his night by leaving wearing a trenchcoat over the running getup, looking suspiciously like a flasher)
Hash cash ran out eventually, though lingering hashers could continue to imbibe with the same good deal as before. I left with a small group of hashers, where some minor hijinks (possibly showtune-singing, public urination) ensued before all caught their respective trains home.