NYCH3 MARATHON WEEKEND 2006
Plenty of fun for the whole family to be had this marathon weekend (as long as the whole family is over 21 years of age).
Friday, November 3rd, 7PM
Marathon Weekend Pub Crawl
HARES: Got Wood?
START:Puck Fair, 298 Lafayette St (betw. Houston and Prince Sts)
Saturday, November 4th, 1:30PM
A brief but scenic trail, courtesy of the Dogs’ Bollocks
Start:SW Corner of Union Sq (4/5/6/N/Q/R/W/L to Union Square)
ATTENTION Overachieving 26-Mile-Running Bastards!
Sunday, November 5th
Marathon Beer Check
- We’ll be located in our usual spot, on Fifth Avenue just before you hit 96th Street, on your right hand side. This is just past mile 23 mark. Be prepared for your roadside down down!
- Send me firstname.lastname@example.org your proposed finish time so we can keep an eye out for you.
- Join us after your r*n at the On In (Back Page, Third Ave betwn 83rd and 84th Streets) where we shall bestow adulation and beer upon you!
- Good luck!
ATTENTION Underachieving Hours-and-Hours-of-Beer-Swilling Hashers
Sunday, November 5th, 10AM
HARES: Dr Steve and Jonathan
START: West side of Fifth Avenue between 96th and 97th Streets
TRANSIT: 96th Street Stop on 6 Train
Note: HASH CASH $20
- Drink Check at 96th Street and First Avenue timed to see the elite runners go by; then back to 96th and Fifth to watch the marathon. Bagels and refreshments provided roadside. (Info on volunteering to help, click here. You’ll be reimbursed for any expenditures.)
- Rules & Regs of the day: all BEVERAGES must be consumed in opaque plastic cups provided. Absolutely no open cans can be carried around our area; this should help keep the “man” off our backs. Clean up after yourselves by depositing all empties and other trash into the black garbage bags provided. Help keep NYCH3 beautiful and ticket-free! Five years straight with no trouble from police can be had by following these simple rules.
- ON ON IN: Back Page, Third Avenue between 83rd and 84th Streets, From approx 3:30PM onwards. More beer and food.